Spent Mushroom Compost
Grow bigger, tastier vegetables naturally with this superb mushroom compost. Often called ‘spent mushroom compost’ it’s made originally from a traditional mix of stable and chicken manure - well rotted down - and has already served time pushing up your breakfast mushrooms. Now it’s ready to give up its other nutrients to your vegetables and enrich their natural flavours and colours.
Choice of two sizes available:
Our Traditional Standard Bulk Bags which are 750mm x 850mm x 950mm and level filled.
Our Mini Bulk Bags which are 700mm x 700mm x 750mm and level filled. A great alternative for topping up or if our standard bag contains just a bit too much.
- A mixture of well rotted horse and chicken manure with a percentage of peat neutralised with powdered chalk
- pH 6.5
- Odour free and well rotted
- Richer than ordinary farm manure
- Adds hormones to the soil
- Neutral product - not suitable for ericaceous loving plants such as camellias and rhododendrons.
- As a soil improver.
- Ideal for enriching flower beds and vegatable plots etc.